My book giveaway has officially ended. Yesterday I used Random.org and selected the winner of a book of their choice from The Book Depository. Congratulations to…
My Christmas wishlist mostly consists of books this year. There are far too many to list, but some titles include The Hunger Games trilogy, Everything Is Illuminated, Gone With The Wind, Middlesex, and Sarah’s Key, to name a few. My mom was a bit overwhelmed when I emailed her the full list, so I’ll spare you the pain. I want to hear what books are on your wishlist. I’m going to play Santa’s helper for one lucky person and deliver a book via The Book Depository.
Today I had the honor of getting my very first request to review a book on my blog. I opened the e-mail excitedly and looked forward to this awesome opportunity.
However, my excitement disappeared when I read For: Blog Name That Isn’t Books And Boston.
Thank you to Suni @ Here To Write for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award.
This award is given to blogs with fewer than 200 followers who deserve some recognition. There are three rules to follow when you receive this award.
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you. Once again, a big thank you to Suni!
2. Pick 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate
3. Spread the word about the award!
All five blogs are centered around books, but vary in their content. Some are quite new (like me!) and others just barely made the under 200 followers cut. New or old, they’re worth checking out.
2011’s Book Blogger Hop has started and I’m participating this year! I’m really excited because it is a great way to connect with the hundreds of other book-bloggers out there 🙂 I can’t wait to read some other book blogs. I’m going to try to visit a few new ones every week at least. If you love books or are a book-blogger yourself then check it out. Jen at Crazy For Books is the one who started this awesome Book Blogger Hop which you can find here.
If you want to add your blog, it is really simple to do. You just have to post something about the hop on your blog first and insert the link. Then, answer this week’s hop question.
This week’s question is “What is your favorite type of candy?” My answer is Skittles or Reeses, depending on my mood.
Then, you get to add your blog link to the list!
I’m really excited about this opportunity to meet other quality bloggers with similar interests and get some awesome new reading material. I hope you’ll participate too! There are already 104 blogs listed – wow!
EDIT: For some reason the links in this post aren’t working. It seems that the blog I’m trying to link to is giving errors being linked…not really sure. Anyway, sorry to do this the annoying way, but if you copy and paste these URL’s they should work. The blog the Book Blogger Hop is posted on is http://www.crazy-for-books.com and the page with the Book Blogger Hop list is http://www.crazy-for-books.com/tag/book-blogger-hop. Sorry this is so annoying everyone!
There are three simple rules to the Versatile Blogger Award. They are as follows:
1. Thank the person(s) who shared the award with you by linking back to them in your post.
2. Pass this award to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know that you included them in your blog post.
3. List 7 things about yourself.
I was lucky enough to be nominated for this award by Ariel. I’m so grateful she found my blog and actually enjoyed my posts! Thanks Ariel 🙂 Check her blog out too so I can return the favor.
Here are 15 bloggers that show their versatility! Hope you enjoy them =)
1. Lovely Little Things
2. Sassafras Gals
3. Reviews and Ramblings
4. Slowin’ Down with Fast Eddie
5. Planet Pooks
6. 101 Books
7. Shh… Mommy’s Blogging
8. Booze In Boston
9. The Au Pair Report
10. Living In Fear: Civilian Reportage for the Photographic Enthusiast
11. Day I Started Reading
12. Cakes, Tea, and Dreams
13. The Hob-bee Hive
14. My Stylistic Life
15. Sparkle Me Zen
I hope you liked these blogs. I’m relatively new to blogging, so I haven’t explored many yet, but I really took a lot of time today to search through blogs and blogs and blogs to find some good ones to recommend. Happy reading!
Now, here are some facts about me:
1. I have never watched The Lord of the Rings. Or read the books. I hope to change the second one at least at some point.
2. I have an adorable cat named Angel. She’s very sweet, but is a snob sometimes and is by far the most spoiled one in the house. I can’t have her with me at college though. Next year, when I move to Boston, I plan on getting a kitten for my apartment. Also, I see all cats as kittens and call them “mittens”. Shrug.
3. My house is in the background of a Taylor Swift music video.
4. One of my favorite places is Barcelona, Spain. It’s also the setting of my favorite book…hmm…
5. I am extremely UN-religious, but I am very open to the beliefs of others and interested in discussing other cultures and beliefs, as long as they are not being shoved down my throat.
6. I can sing. One of my best experiences of high school was being in the select choir and being part of that tight-knit group.
7. If I went to Hogwarts I’d be a Ravenclaw, but I secretly wish I was a Slytherin.